Okay, here are the results of the March 1st winetasting that took place at my home. Six wines were tasted hailing from Italy, France, United States and Spain. The Five tasters were myself, Dawson, Joe, John Z. and JP. All wines were rated on a scale of 1 to 5. 5 being the best.
Here are how the wines fell based on the group's average. From best to least favorite
1. LaGerla Brunello Di Montalcino, 2001, Italy, Tuscany, Sangiovese Grape: 4 rating
2. Espelt Saulo, 2005, Spain, Blend of Gernacha and Carinena: 3.5 rating
3. Milziade Sagrantino Di Montefalco, 2003, Italy, Umbria, Sagrantino Grape: 3.0 rating
4. Rizzi Barberesco Boito, 2004, Italy, Piedmonte, Nebbiolo Grape: 2.7 rating
5. Woodward Canyon Cabernet, 2004, Washington State, Columbia Valley, Cabernet Sauvgn: 2.5
6. Amirault Bourguiel La Coudraye, 2005, France, Loire Valley, Cabernet Franc grape: 2.0
Some of the foods that these wines were tasted with where:
Pasta, Penne & Vodka as well Alfreddo
Butternut squash soup
Beef: London Broil
Good time was had by all...